Building on 25 years’ experience in higher education and professional bodies, Robinson Canham Limited was established in 2019 to provide contract research, educational management, teaching enhancement and people development services.
Alison Robinson Canham
I specialise in individual, team and organisational development; strategy development; and project delivery. My experience is wide-ranging and includes working across academic, professional and clinical disciplines, in the UK, Europe, Australasia and South Africa. As a coach I work with individuals from a wide variety of public and private sector backgrounds as they navigate professional and personal transitions. My work is underpinned by deep ideological commitments to the transformative power of education, the importance of public scrutiny and confidence in our professions, and equality of access to education and active citizenship.
I am a Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (PFHEA), a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI) and a Fellow of the Association of University Administrators (FAUA).
Recent projects and assignments
- Online conference presentation ‘Decolonising the Curriculum’, at Pedagogies in Programmes for Displaced and Marginalised People: Critique and Practice,(https://www.
refugeeeducationinitiatives. org/) February 2021
- Research project ‘The impact of Covid-19 on access to online and offline education in the EaP countries’ (Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum, 2021); a small scale research project exploring the impact of Covid 19 on access to education in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.
- Lead author ‘Advancing inclusivity and citizenship: adapting theory, changing practice’ in International Perspectives on Multiculturalism and Leadership Development: Humanizing Higher Education (Emerald, Bingley, 2020);
- Extended interim assignment as Head of Learning and Teaching Enhancement at the Royal Veterinary College, London, January-December 2019
- Educational development consultant to University of Witwatersrand (Wits), Johannesburg, October-December 2018
- Educational development consultant to European University Association EFFECT project 2016-2019
- Lead author ‘Teaching and Learning in Higher Education’, chapter in Academic Practice – a Handbook for Physicists and Engineers Involved in Biomedical Research and Teaching (IPEM, York,2017)
- Independent Trustee of the Institute of Physics an Engineering in Medicine (IPEM); member of Governance, Policy and Remuneration sub committees, since 2014
Assistant Director: Professional Practice/Strategy and Development, Higher Education Academy (HEA now Advance HE), 2016-2018, responsible for Accreditation, Fellowship, and Teaching Excellence Awards (350+ accredited programmes; 100,000+ individual Fellows)